SENIOR QUALITATIVE RESEARCHER
We are looking for a reflexive and collaborative qualitative researcher to spearhead relevant research activities .The qualitative researcher will be required to be involved in managing and conducting qualitative data collection as well as data analysis for the ongoing projects at national level and working in close collaboration with a multinational team of qualitative researchers and quantitative impact evaluators on projects taking place under The Initiative.
- Planning, managing and collection of qualitative data after securing ethical approval and consent from every relevant party..
- Development of qualitative research instruments (interviews and focus group topic guides etc) for use in evaluation studies and qualitative data collection.
- Conducting and/or supervising qualitative data collection, through key informant interviews, focus groups, in depth interviews and observations.
- Producing written accounts that contain detailed findings by yourself and participants
- Analyzing qualitative data (transcribing, coding and thematic analysis )
- Preparing policy briefs, reports, and literature reviews
- Sharing results with the project teams, and in appropriate academic circles.
- Delivering training sessions on qualitative research, research methods and data analysis.
- Contributing to applications for projects/grants and supporting projects in Pakistan directly and other international projects remotely.
- Master’s degree in a suitable social scientific discipline.
- Fresh Phd desirable (not mandatory)
- Proven experience as a qualitative researcher.
- Expert knowledge about fitting qualitative stances and methodologies
- Knowledge of issues in the relevant field (e.g., health and development, child labour, education, inclusive development, gender equality, poverty, agriculture) is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and experience with report writing, literature reviews and background research.
- Experience with working in development or evaluation projects is desirable.
- Knowledge of software used for qualitative analysis (e.g., Statistical Analysis Tool, MAXQDA, NVivo) is required and familiarity with statistics is desirable.
- Detail-oriented, adept at multitasking, meet deadlines and can work under pressure.
- Experience of interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging from researchers to donors and local partners, and ability to maintain good collaborations.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally for field research and supervision.